[ STEIM ] JULY 20-21 Sound as Source for Film workshop // JULY 3 Creative Music Coding Lab #5

STEIM knock at steim.nl
Mon Jul 1 16:23:12 CEST 2013

JULY 20-21
SOUND AS SOURCE FOR FILM WORKSHOP
A 2-day workshop on experimental sound approaches for cinema. During the workshop you will learn set recording approaches while producing a short film on location.

Registration must be made for this workshop in advance using this registration link

photo Fred Dott (Kunstverein Hamburg)
This workshop offers a practical approach to sound work done for film. Beginning with a general emphasis on sound recording on a film set, the workshop will move towards subjects of sonic experimental filmmaking as a whole.

During the 2 days participants will obtain basic knowledge about field-/ambient and voice recording for film, as well as different recording and miking techniques. The basics of film theory will be introduced to give a foundation for communication on a film set with the director and camera operators. The workshop will also include a brief introduction into open source and linux-based sound production and postproduction.

By the end of the workshop all participants will have created a short film / soundwork/ installation/ radioplay etc. that will be employ key knowledge about set recording. Although the workshop is focused on sound and set recording techniques, it will touch on the whole picture of film theory and practice.

DETAILS
DATE: 21-22 July, 2013
TIME: 10:00 – 18:00 (each day)
LOCATION: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134 Amsterdam
COST: €70
Registration for this workshop must be made in advance using the registration link above.
WORKSHOP IS LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS

Read more…

JULY 3
CREATIVE MUSIC CODING LAB #5
The Creative Music Coding Lab is a semi-regular meeting point for music and sound technophytes hosted at STEIM in Amsterdam. Short tutorials, info sessions, demos, and sonic experiments are all part of the game. Core to the philosophy of the group is that coding as a fundamental practice is not necessarily language specific. All musicians who use code as a medium essentially share a common creative process, one that favors highly personal, DIY methods for music making. This being the case, the processes we draw from and fundamental techniques we use can be inspiring to all. By sharing our working methods and allowing an environment for cross-code fluency we can learn and do much more.

DETAILS
DATE: Wednesday, 3 JULY 2013
TIME: 19:00
ENTRY: FREE
LOCATION: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134 Amsterdam ( map )

Read more…

Upcoming Events
July 3
Creative Music Coding Lab #5
July 20 to July 21
Sound as a Source for Film
November 25 to November 29
Componist in 20 minuten! Muzikale workshop voor kinderen
STEIM
Achtergracht 19
1017 WL Amsterdam
tel + 31 (0)20 6228690